[dh-photo] Re: lx photography on the cheap

  • From: Joachim Seibert <joachim.seibert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dh-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 10:10:08 +0200

Hi Gabriel,
yes, I used it as a (not so neutral but very cheap) neutral density filter.
In the attachment, you will find the image as recorded (#3 file) and a quick attempt to recover color (#4).
The color corrected image display some smudges, I believe this is due to the fact that I used f/16. Light that hard makes all imperfections in the optical path really pop. (That's the remark at the end of my previous text).
Cheers,
Joachim

On 31/08/15 08:59, Gabriel Cescutti wrote:

hi Joachim,
the result looks pretty good in term of cyclist-free image, well done !
just for my understanding, what is the effect of the green welding glass ?
did you use it as ND filter or as a kind of gel filter to give a color cast ?
The colours do not look so contrasted so I was wondering if this was the effect of the welding glass.
Kind regards,
Gabriel

ryryryryryry the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog
right, that's just another thing, however, testing it refers to...

... and a test it is I'd like to share with you... a long exposure
photograph, which I took yesterday, using (green) welding glass
and my trusty X100S.

During the 75s exposure at f/16 (ISO200) a few boats passed the
bridge and countless cyclists went over it.
I do have to admit that f/16 was not ideal, next try at f/5.6 with
the built-in 3-stop ND filter.

Greets,
Joachim