[dfaresource] Re: innformation of Daisy Activities

  • From: "Nur Ichsan" <ichsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nawb" <nawb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:03:55 +0700

Dear Tulsi Ram Basyal.

Fine with me,  Of course I still remember all ex-participants of last training
in Bankok may 2006.
I have been for long not posting a message to the dfa source mailing list.

May be you or some participants of the DFA training went to last DAISY workshop
in Korea?
For any of you who was attending the Daisy workshop, please share with us in
this DFA Mailing list .

I myself actually had an invitation for that event, but I got no sponsor so no
go.

A bit info on Daisy in Mitra Netra and Indonesia:

All our talking book production in 2006 are in NCC Only DTB and some are with
Syncronized text.
Up to this August, we in total Produced 161 title of The Daisy Book where 157
title in TOC (NCC) Only and 4 title in Syncronize text. and distribute its
copies to some libraries for the blind in Indonesia, such as:
- Special School In Makassar (South Celebes)
- Special School in Jakarta
- Dria Manunggal in Jogjakarta (Central Java)
- Special School in Klaten (Central Jave)
- MNF in Bandung (West Java)
- Resouce Center in Payakumbuh (West Sumatera)

The following are some activities done at Talking book production section:

- We upgraded 3 Analog studios we have to become Digital Studios equipped with
Multimedia computers which are connected to a network.
- We trained 6 full-time readers on digital recording system using komputer
with "Studio Recorder" software from APH (American Printing House)
- We trained 3 Staff and 1 Programer on creating xhtml 1.0 and CSS 1 & 2
documents for ebook and daisy book
- We trained 2 Daisy Staff and 1 ebook Staff  on production of Daisy book with
Syncronized text using Sigtuna DAR3 (2 years ago we trained 6 staff on TOC/NCC
only Daisy book production using Sigtuna Dar 3 as well as Lp Studio Pro for DTB
production with Syncronized text)
- We trained some staff on the use of AD/DA Converter
- Currently we are trying on the use of DTBMaker 2 and 3 to produce Daisy book
in English with English Speach engine to mp3  and are attempting for Indonesian
version of speach engine so that DTB production with synchronized text will
more speed up later.
- We together with some colleagues in Japan (Chiba University) translated
manual of sigtuna DAR 3 from Japanese Society for Rehabilitation of Disabled
Persons in Japanese language to Indonesian and currently I am in process of
finishing it in xhtml 1.0 format. We hope got permit to publish in the our
website
- also Currently I am trying to implementing CSS 2 in xhtml 1.0 to make a
Syncronize Comic in Daisy 2.02 book.

That's it for now and hope useful for all colleagues.

Nur Ichsan
Head of Research and Development
Mitra Netra Foundation
http://www.mitranetra.or.id/