[delphizip] Re: deflate

  • From: "Engler, Eric" <Eric.Engler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:51:48 -0400

Since you're using linux, I would use gzip in a pipe. That's the way
it's done in the unix/linux world. Why would you want to roll your
own compression/decompression when there's a pretty good program
that works already?

It looks like you want it to work in both Windows and linux.
You can use pipes in Windows, too, but I haven't done it myself.

Describe your application - is this something to handle nonvisual
service requests, or does it need to work with regular web pages?
Does it have to inter-operate with other systems?

Eric