[delphizip] Re: deflate

  • From: Gerard <gslurink@xxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:30:42 +0300

At 21:43 20.07.2004, you wrote:
>You might want to filter the outgoing HTTP Requests and
>modify them to say that you don't support compression. You
>want to look for the Accept-Encoding header.

Yes, I keep that as backup solution in case decompression does not work out.

>Have you looked into the option of running Apache as a
>proxy? I've read articles that say it can be done. You
>could put your program on the other side of Apache and let
>it decompress for you.

At this point I'd like to remain as independent as possibly, so it could
run on as much systems as possible, but it's sure an interesting option

>I guess you know that SSL would be out of the question with
>this type of setup. Or, maybe you could switch to a
>passthrough mode if you detect SSL?

Yes, currently I just tunnel (relay) https. I'm considering using opensll
to read the pages and
use an own certificate, known on the LAN, to encrypt it again, but that's
another story for another day,
that sure has some security issues.

>That zlib.pas unit is a little hard to work with. It's
>supposed to be compatible with gzip. It's a stream-oriented
>compression that might work well for your needs once you
>figure it out ...

Yes, no luck with it yet, although the stream idea would suit me. I guess I
keep trying for a while.

Thanks for the good advices,

regards
Gerard