[delphizip] Re: ZipMaster problem with invalid(?) path

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Aelbrecr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 19:30:01 +0200

markus stephany wrote:
> hello,
>
> i am forwarding a question received from Mariusz Dec, the contributor
> of the polish sfx language (he is not subscribed to this list, so i
> will forward replies to him):
>

> I have yesterday problem with ZipMaster directory strings
> analyse:
> I have made mistake in my INI file:
> BackupDir=\backup\ziptemp  - should be
> BackupDir=C:\backup\ziptemp
> and until I didn't correction, there were no message what is
> wrong - only SUCCADDED=0;
> It was difficult to find because when directory doesn't exist
> clear message is available :).

There is no exception for this type of errors because they are
detected by the Dll, and the dll does not generate exceptions.

It is always a good idea to have an OnMessage event handler
because in this case an error message is generated by the
Dll and passed in the OnMessageEvent.
As an example the messages received for a invalid file spec
similar to the reported problem

File specification "\temp\emptydir\*.*" skipped
Missing or empty zip file

HTH

Roger Aelbrecht
http://home.tiscali.be/driehoeksw