[delphizip] Re: Moving a directory doesn't work properly...

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Aelbrecr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 19:24:01 +0200

David Obber wrote:
> Hi, this is my problem.
>
> I want to zip the directory X.
> The directory X is empty but contains the directory Y.
> The directory Y contains some files.
> If I zip and move directory X, ZipMaster create the zipfile correctly
> = but doesn't move the directory X.
>
> If the directory X contains also a file ZipMaster works correctly.
>
> Here is the code:
>         ZipMaster.FSpecArgs.Clear;
>         ZipMaster.RootDir :=3D 'C:\X';
>         ZipMaster.AddOptions:=3D [AddMove, AddDirNames,
>         AddRecurseDirs]; ZipMaster.ZipFilename:=3D 'x.zip';
>         ZipMaster.FSpecArgs.add('Y\');
>         ZipMaster.Add;
>

> Anyone can help me, please?
>

> David Obber

I am not sure what you mean with 'move' direcotry, but
from your explanation I think you expected ZipMaster to add
the empty directory to the archive. If this is true then
you need to add AddSeparateDirs  to the Addoptions :

I also recommend to set the property
UseDirOnlyEntries to true to avoid problems when extracting.

HTH

Roger Aelbrecht
http://home.tiscali.be/driehoeksw