[delphizip] Re: Source code formatting for DLLs

  • From: "Angus Johnson" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:58:05 +1000

> I found that when I tried to specify a new image base in the BCB 5 linker
> options it (by default) makes it non relocatable(It gives a message saying
> that it is stripping relocatables). You need to edit the option source and
> change (in the LFlags) -B:0x10000000 to -b:0x10000000 (or whatever address
> you use).

I don't understand why BCB5 does this then, it makes no sense to me.
(Stripping the base relocation table in exe's is generally safe - and may
save a couple of kb in the file's size - but will prevent a dll from loading
except at its preferred address.)

I can compile dlls in delphi 3 and 6 where the base address is set to
$40000000 and without any message such as the one you describe. I don't have
BCB to check this so are you sure the BCB5 compiler does actually strip the
.reloc section from the dll when altering the base address?

Angus J.