[delphizip] Re: Source code formatting for DLLs

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <roger.aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:15:12 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 11:34 PM
Subject: [delphizip] Re: Source code formatting for DLLs

> When I checked these files I used vc++ project converter (BCB5) and could
> not even add ZipDll.cpp to the project (it's name conflicts with another
> file [extension ignored?] I think it probably the def file [ but did not
> check]). So it depends on the type of project you initially set that makes
> the difference (though in theory it should be able to be changed later - I
> just wouldn't bank on it).

See my other posting about new BCB project files

> Incidentally the only way I found to try and change the code base address
> was to set it in the linker options then edit the options source to
> change -B: to -b: (to keep the ability to relocate),
> you don't happen to know a better way?

I found a posting in one of the Borland.public. newsgroups that the
utility "rebase.exe" - part of the MS SDK- can change the base address of
any DLL. It is recommended by microsoft to avoid the relocation by
windows during load of the dll.
That's all I know about this stuff, sory

--
Roger Aelbrecht
http://web.wanadoo.be/driehoeksw