[delphizip] Source code formatting for DLLs

  • From: "Eric Engler" <englere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:43:03 -0500

I have updated the "betadllsrc.zip" file on my
web site. The source files have been reformatted
to make them look much better!

I have included the code to initialize the DLLs,
but there is still a problem somewhere.  I'll
look into it further.

I also have a nice Delphi source code formatter that
I'll explain in the future. For now I'm working on the
DLLs.

Here's some more info:

             Auto Formatting of C Source Files

Some programmers don't like source code formatting
programs because they can make formatting changes that
aren't desired, or in some cases they can actually "break"
a source file.

I started out hating formatting programs, but over the years
I have changed my mind. There is a lot of C source code in
the Delphi Zip DLLs, and it's too hard to keep formatting
the code "by hand".  I have decided to use the GNU "indent"
program to automatically format the source files to make
them easier to understand.

You must use this "indent" program with extreme caution
because it is possible that a source file can be damaged. If
you spot the error message you can often figure out what
went wrong.  You can then edit the source file to make it
easier for the indent program to do it's job correctly, and
then you can run the formatter again.

See my web site for "betadllsrc.zip":
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/2114/