[delphizip] Re: Empty Directory

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:45:03 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alistair George" <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Roger Aelbrecht" <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 7:29 PM
Subject: [delphizip] Re: Empty Directory

> Hello Roger,
> RA> Can anyone give me some more info why I can't make it fail??
> Because Roger you are probably not using MS WindowsXP.
>
> I do not know why NTFS should be different, but it would appear that is
what is
> the problem.

I am using WindowsXP Home all the time, and never had the problem as you
described,
I know we have been on that path, but remeber somone suggested that the
problem of skipping files beginning with ; was an XP issue, it turned out to
be
something in the DLL.

That's why I am trying to find out how it works on my tests and not on your
system, some flag we didn't mention can make all the difference

> We have been down that track earlier (previous emails refer on this
group).
> The way I would circumvent in Pascal would be to use the dirsize()
function