[ddots-l] Re: two realities regarding Superior Drummer and HSC

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:31:07 -0400

well, it would be great if Dancing Dots could script or hotspot up other applications, Melodyne for example, but really, it's a matter of limitted resources and the cold facts of how many copies they would sell or not sell.

We're a small subset of a minority within a minority. First, you have the blind minority in the general population. Then, you take a smaller number of those folks who are musicians or somehow involved in music, and further break it down to the small number who are doing this professionally, or who have the money time and skills to do so. in other words, the very small number who are interested in accessing such tools.

If you pay someone to develop an accessibility solution for something big like Melodyne or Superior Drummer, you want to at least make your investment back, whatever you paid someone like David Pinto.

Anyway, its up to us to find people who can help with these projects, try our best to compensate them in some way, etc.

Chris