[ddots-l] Re: midi and audio

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:01:28 -0400

What keyboard do you have? If you have a USB plug on your keyboard and you
use that cable to connect, you'll need to download drivers from the
manufacturer; they are not really plug and play.
If you have midi cables, then you'll need to connect them to a midi
interface like the m-audio midisport, or to your audio interface's midi port
if it has some. Your audio interface will also require drivers to work
properly, and the midisport is plug and play, but you should download the
latest drivers anyways, as they also upgrade the firmware on the unit.

HTH, D!J!!X!