[ddots-l] midi and audio

  • From: Aidan Maher <aidan.smarttalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:23:21 +0200

Hey list, I am a bit confused here, I no that most midi keyboards are
plugg and play, and therefore whenever you connect them, windows
should pick them up, so now also I no that the microsoft wave table
synth is available on the standard lower end soundcard, now my
question is, how do I bypass that wave table thing, no matter if I use
sonar or qws, I see one option only under midi wich is the wave table
synth, shouldn't I be able to select more or should I use the higher
end soundcard to be able to send the sound fru that to be able to make
use of the actual synths? I am looking for a new soundcard and just
need to confirm if it would be required to get one with midi or could
I just get one with audio only and save a bit of money rather if this
could be done, since I don't plan to connect midi hardware soon.