[ddots-l] Re: e: Re: Saving as mp3.

  • From: "David Eagle" <onlineeagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:38:11 +0000

With Smart audio converter, can you change the sample rate? It doesn't
seem to have any options.

On 28/11/06, richard synnott <richardsynnott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi phil
thanks very much indeed for your most detailed explanation
regarding the lame encoder i think i'll need a hand setting it up
but at least i have all the info and tools i need to acompnish
the task
richard

LAME
>package.  I am using lame version 3.96, but I think the current
version is
>up to 3.97--doesn't matter--whatever you have is good.  Now, in
the
>ProgramFiles\cakewalk\shared utilities folder, there is a help
file called
>ExtEncoderCFG.chm that explains the process of installing lame as
an
>external MP3 encoder in Sonar.  BTW, I put lame in a folder under
the shared
>utilities folder, but it dowsn't matter where on your HD you put
it.

>1) there are preset lame profiles that came on your sonar disk
that you can
>use, but they're a little outdated.  Instead, I used the preset
profiles
>that came with the lame package itself-the lame documentation
will explain
>these presets.
>..
>2) basically, you go into sonar's menu system and select
Tools|Ext Encoder
>Config which brings up a dialog for setting up external encoders.
After
>reading that help file I mentioned, you should be able to set up
lame as
>your external MP3 encoder.

>To make life a little easier, I'm  sending  you offline a file
that contains
>all the profiles for the 5 Lame presets.  Import that file into
the external
>encoder config dialog.  Otherwise, you'll have to fill in all the
dialog box
>fields yourself(which might not be a bad idea for learning
purposes).