[ddots-l] Re: divisi notes

  • From: "Chi Kim" <ms22282@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:30:27 -0400

  I'd just put Div. on the technique marking.
  Or you can jjust insert a text by going creat - text - other - small text I
think and write Div.
  Make sure put those two lines on different voices. Otherwise it'd be hard for
people to read.
  When you work with voices, don't follow the sibelius speaking tutorial. It
creates bunch of bar rest when there are nothing on the voice 2.
  You want everybody to sing when there's only one voice. If there are notes on
first voice and bunch of bar rest on second voice, only half of them might sing
it. lol
  Here's how you make different voices on one staff. Write both parts on two
seperat staves. Let's call it staff 1 and staff 2.
  Staff 1 will have the main part, and the staff 2 will have only div materials.
  Select staff 2 and assign it as voice 2 by pressing alt2.
  Then select only the voice 2 on staff 2 by pressing ctrl+shift+alt 2.
  Copy and paste the staf 2 onto Staf 1.
  Then, staff 1 will show voice 1 from the beginning to the end, and it'll show
both voice 1 and voice 2 when only there are notes for voice 2.
  Now you can delete the staff 2.

  Chi