[ddots-l] Re: converting midi tracks to audio

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:28:52 -0800

From the previous message...

"Note, you can only record one midi track to one audio track at the same
time."

Not true.

You can record all your MIDI tracks simultaneously to a single audio track
or even to more than one audio track(s).

Also you need to specify the source and outputs in your audio track so you
can record into and play out of them. I set the source to Stereo ([card
name] 1/2 and I set the output to Wav Out 1/2. This means that when I play
back the audio I can hear it through my sound card. The source is necessary
so that the actual sound being played routes through the sound card on to
the audio track.

Takes a bit of trial-and-error to get it right.

Start out with an audio track with a wave file inserted, to get the output
set right. then play with the source, arm the track and start recording.

Also when you do want to listen to the result and/or manipulate the
properties of the audio track you will want to mute all the MIDI tracks so
they don't play along.

Oh, yes also remember to un-arm the audio track when you're done recording.

Enough for now. Have fun.

Dave