[ddots-l] Urgent Need to Know ...

  • From: Steve Matzura <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:25:19 -0400

A few days ago, I posted a message asking about running Sonar+CT8 in
800x600 instead of 1024x768.  Unfortunately, stupid over here posted
using the wrong origin address, so my message never appeared.  Thanks
to Albert for pointing this out.  I hope this problem has now been
once and for all corrected and that my message gets through.  If it
does, I'll know when I see it on the list.

Two problems are looming large:  (1)  I
am not able to change my screen settings to 1024x768 for unknown
reasons.  I try it with and wthout JAWS running and the system hangs
up.  Doesn't crash with a blue screen or anything, just freezes where
it stands and will not react until physically restarted.  (2)  I have
been told that when I run in 1024x768 mode, the print is very very
small and hard to read.  I"m wondering if this is a problem with the
onboard video in my Dell Dimension 4700, or a setting on my physical
monitor screen.  If it turns out that I have to reformat and
re-install, I can accomplish this in about 30 minutes with the Dell
System Rollback partition.  Then all I have to do is re-install
everything I've put on the machine since I last did this, after
changing to 1024x768, of course, which is also not a huge problem
because I've done it before and have the procedure down pat, so to
speak, it just takes several hours.  Somebody please bottom-line this
for me:  Is it an absolute condition that the monitor setting be
1024x768?  If yes, then I've got some work to do.  If no, what else do
I need to know when running Sonar+CT in 800x600?

Thanks in advance.