[ddots-l] Re: Setting downbeat of bar 1 in the middle of a project?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:38:00 -0400

most people use a dedicated video package like Sony's Vegas for video editing.

At 04:23 PM 9/19/2011, you wrote:
I already made a suggestion for Cakewalk to see if that Sonar can eventialy will be able to edit video like you do audio, spesificaly as it applies to copying and pasting. Cheers! Ivan > -------- Original Message -------- > Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Setting downbeat of bar 1 in the middle of a > project? > From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx> > Date: Mon, September 19, 2011 12:52 pm > To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > > That's a real drag. I wish I could have a command that effectively says set downbeat to now. there is a command that says set timecode at now. that gives you a TC of zero which is useful for preroll. I just wish I could do the same thing with the MIDI beats and bars. It would be so much more convenient right now. > K. > On Sep 12, 2011, at 9:03 PM, ivanlopez@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: > > > Two things, > > > > As you mentioned, you cannot move the video aspect in Sonar > > > > What you have left is to move the audio to conform to the video in your > > project > > > > You can modify when your audio starts from within the clips properties > > option, or alternatively, you can use Sonar's nudge command, or > > alternatively you can cut and paste your audio to your preferred area. > > > > -------- Original Message -------- > >> Subject: [ddots-l] Setting downbeat of bar 1 in the middle of a > >> project? > >> From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx> > >> Date: Mon, September 12, 2011 3:52 pm > >> To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > >> > >> > >> guys, > >> following up on my film project thing, I have a film clip where music doesn't enter until about 2:45 into the scene. I'd like that entrance to be bar 1, beat 1 at tempo of, say, 68BPM or so. How can I set that so that my beat 1 happens where I want it to in relation to the film, rather than moving the film to a downbeat, which I can't do in Sonar? > >> Kevin > >> PLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE! > >> To leave the list, click on the immediately following link: > >> ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe > >> If this link doesn't work then send a message to: > >> ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > >> and in the Subject line type > >> unsubscribe > >> For other list commands such as vacation mode, > >> click on the immediately following link: > >> ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq or > >> send a message, to > >> ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > >> and in the Subject line type > >> faq > > > > PLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE! > > To leave the list, click on the immediately following link: > > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe > > If this link doesn't work then send a message to: > > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > and in the Subject line type > > unsubscribe > > For other list commands such as vacation mode, > > click on the immediately following link: > > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectúq or > > send a message, to > > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > and in the Subject line type > > faq > > > > PLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE! > To leave the list, click on the immediately following link: > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe > If this link doesn't work then send a message to: > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > and in the Subject line type > unsubscribe > For other list commands such as vacation mode, > click on the immediately following link: > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectúq or > send a message, to > ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > and in the Subject line type > faq
ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectsubscribe