[ddots-l] Re: Question about Sonar and Pro Tools

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 16:11:15 -0500

Phil, while PT on Windows isn't accessible by any real definition, it is better
than what is possible with the shipping version on the Mac. On the Mac, the mix
and edit windows are completely blank. And, while you can read the dialog boxes
with VoiceOver, PT doesn't recognize when you click on any of the controls.

On Windows, you can see some parts of the mix/edit windows like track name, and
some basic parameters. The dialog boxes work. You need to use the Jaws cursor,
but you can accomplish some very very basic things.

You can open and save sessions. You can add tracks. I've seen Kevin Reeves
manage to load WAV files on to tracks. I think it is possible to operate the
export function that bounces the session.

Charles, it is fine to install Pro Tools on your ADK machine. It will work just
fine with the ProjectMix.

You can save Sonar projects as OMF format, and directly load them in Pro Tools
MPowered. However, I think that you will need to purchase the DV Toolkit option
for Pro Tools in order to get OMF support.

Bryan