[ddots-l] Re: Need some help

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 20:30:46 -0400

Well, I use the sonic implants stuff, which was sf2 that I converted to sfz.
Their telly and strat samples were especially good and still hold up.  I guess
you would need to buy them as dvi plugs not.  But they  have been my go to
guitar sounds for years.  They make a good paul reed smith too, but the strat
and telly are the best, though you’ll want to tweak stuff like the lfo rate to
make it more notural, and you may want to mess with some of the velocity
switching.  But I haven’t heard guitar samples that come with the more
expensive sound libraries
that sound as good.  If I wanted to take the time to do my own I might change a
couple of things, but the amount of man hours it takes to put together a good
sampled instrument can be quite daunting.  A lot of folks really think you just
record notes and stick them together and go.  I think it was the late eighties
when Cassio came out with a low end sampler and every kid could do that Stacey
Q stuff and everybody thought it was that easy.
Gord