[ddots-l] Native Instruments Accessibility

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:01:24 -0500

Hello All:

Native instruments softsynths and samplers are, for the most part, pretty
inaccessible for blind users. This is really unfortunate, because they have
some awesome sounds that I think we'd all appreciate tremendously. We recently
had this discussion on the Dancing Dots list, and it was suggested that, rather
than trying to force them to accommodate our needs through legal action, we
should try and prove to them how changing their interfaces would also benefit
their sighted users. I'm personally very interested in getting something going
if anyone has any ideas as to how we might approach them in a positive manner.
If anyone is interested, I welcome any suggestions on how we might accomplish
this.

Thanks.

Omar Binno