[ddots-l] Re: Jaws with Cakewtalking VS Windows eyes with Nuendo

  • From: "Shawn Brock" <shawnbrock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:37:36 -0500

nuendo, is popular on the pc.  and i would bet you are right, because i know
more people use nuendo than cubass.  there is probly not mutch difference whin
compareing sonar, cubass and nuendo, as far as, what you can do or sound
quality.  i'm varry happy with sonar and ct.  in the past i have used or looked
at most pc products on the market.  my vision will not let me use these
products anymore, but i dont feel cheeted by beeing somewhat restricted to
sonar.  sonar has its problems, but they all do.  i think in the nere future pc
recording will reach a hole new level, with the windows opperating system vista
which comes out next year i'm told.  h f and i have talked about the abillitys
to work in 64 bit.  and that it is going to make a lot of difference for audio
and vidio.  how ever, all of my rambeling...  i would not mind giving nuendow a
try, just because  the fact that whin working in a studio one needs to know
what works for him or her and what dont.  my question now is, how would all of
this compare with ct.  can you run mostly software, or do you have to use
controll sirfices.  while i'm a fan of controll sirfices i dont want to get
into all of that.  it seems to work better for me, to use mostly software or
mostly heardware.  i have never had a lot of work mix matching the 2.  oh well
just my 2 sents worth...
Shawn Brock
Cincinnati Sound Lab
130 East Sixth Street