[ddots-l] Re: Is it my imagination?

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:43:44 -0400

Sonar x1 from what I heard is nothing than sonar8.5 (or at least the core of
it) repackaged with a different/new interface/GUI. They might have added a
few things like samples or such, but nothing else. They're supposedly
working on the next latest thing sonar will be, but needed more time. I've
also heard that this was an experiment to see if this new layout thing would
be something they'll keep or if they'll try something else, not sure.
These are all things I've read and/or heard about, but nothing official from
cakewalk.
The market is getting vilently competitive, and there's all sorts of
shifting going on as recordings are now somewhat shifting to project/small
studios, and more big studios keep closing or downsizing. Who knows where it
will all end up... I just say if your current rig is working out for you and
making you money, stick with it for a while, until something that's "really
better" comes out and matures. Just because it's the latest doesn't mean
it's the best or that you should go out and get it...

JMHO, D!J!X!