[ddots-l] I'm Slip Sliding away...

  • From: "Mike Christer" <m-christer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 15:07:28 +0100

Need to uninstall Sonar 5Hey guys!

I've very recently attempted to learn/play the Slide/Bottle Neck guitar...

I'm finding it very difficult in the dark, so to speak, and I was wondering
if any of you player's out there had any advice/pointers?

I realise that my ears are the main part of the answer, but its not as
straightforward as just trying to stay on pitch...

I remember trying it when I was fully sighted, and it was difficult, even
with the obvious visual references.

I know some guys use dropped tunings, some of which are apparent, but I
really need some good starters for 10!

Looking forward to any ideas...

Cheers

Laters