[ddots-l] Re: Need to uninstall Sonar 5

  • From: "Mike Christer" <m-christer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 13:15:33 +0100

Need to uninstall Sonar 5Hey Kev!

I recently had to reinstall Sonar 6, having tried 2 or 3 times, I noticed my
system was remembering certain important settings.
 So, I went in to the registry, pressed ctrl F, searched for anything with
quote Sonar quote, deleted it, then repeated the process for the word, quote
cakewalk quote.

I also had a look for any references to individual components, like that
"Alien Revalver" thing etc.
I realise this is a risky thing to do, and to be honest, I really didn't
have a bloody clue as to what the long term consequences might've been, but
it seemed to  work, and having reinstalled S6 again, I'm working quite
happily.

Don't trust me on this one, I'm sure some of the more sussed listers will
have a more educated/considered approach...

Laters

Mike