[ddots-l] Re: I'm Slip Sliding away...

  • From: "thomas de rosa" <tomdenyc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:20:01 -0700

Need to uninstall Sonar 5Hey Mike,  I've played a little slide and a couple of
things that I learned were:
Keep the fingers that are adjacent to the slide bar press up against the sides
of the slide.  Makes it easier to move theslide straight across the neck and
gives it a more solid sound.
Also the guitar you use should have the action a bit higher than usual so that
you avoid that scraping of the slide on the frets.
Open e is one of the easiest tunnings I found to get around.  You can use your
free fingers to play the bass shuffle notes on the bottom 2 strings.
That's all I have,  just keep working at it.  You'll begin to hear old time
bottle neck players riffs as you get into it.
For example; play the top 2 strings at the twelfth fret and play the bass notes
after, in a shuffle beat.

Good luck Tom