[ddots-l] Re: How Do I Mute Tracks While Recording?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 10:12:23 -0400

Right. DJX and I are saying select the portions of the voiceover track you want to mute, and mute them using automated mute. Check the portions of the CakeTalking Tutorial on automation, taking snapshots etc.

At 02:45 AM 5/8/2017, you wrote:

I actually do record everything to separate tracks, recording each one one at a time. The muting is where I have the problem, because it seems that when I try to do it with Manual Mute when recording, I can still hear what's going on in the voiceover track, when that's the one I want to be muted while I'm playing the keys in the instrument track. This way I don't hear the mechanical sound of the keys being played, only the sound of the instrument.