[ddots-l] Re: Glitches and pops?

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:38:03 -0000

Gord wrote: Wow!  Tascam had put up what was considered the definitive set of
tweaks for
best audio performance a couple of years ago and that was one of the first
things they said, especially when using asio drivers.

Phil replied: that's a great document, a part from that twique.  I have also
found that speeding up
the menus twique is a good one too!

Gord wrote: I did definitely
notice an improvement with my laptop, which is a 202ghz dual core, when I
did this recently.  Now lately I've been experimenting with going back to
wdm with my motu, so maybe I should try chaning this setting back.  Every
one of the dancing dots systems that I set up had this setting on them, as
well as the paging settings and visual performance settings.

Phil replied: the pageing and visual performance are good twiques to do.  Noel
is a good guy and his
article is definitely worth a read.

By the way, if any of you are uing MOTU gear in WDM mode then, you will want to
change this setting
in the wave section of your Aud.ini file.

KsUseInputEvent=1

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music And Audio Production