[ddots-l] Re: Added benefits to using superior drummer

  • From: "Tommy" <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:07:42 -0500

I have the addictive drums.

Tommy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shawn Brock" <shawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:02 PM
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Added benefits to using superior drummer

HSC isn't the most reliable tool out there. I have had some bad experience with the sets for EZ drummer, and therefore, have no plans to upgrade to the superior sets. When HSC works, it works well, the only thing is, results tend to not be consistent.

You may want to look into addictive drums, you can get it for $100 U.S, and it has a lot of accessibility in the synth rack. On this same note, superior has no access in the synth rack, and you'll need the HSC sets before you can do anything with it.

I bought the EZ Drummer sets, which weren't beta tested, only to learn that no EZ expansions work with it. After doing some digging, I have also learned that you don't get access to a lot of the features of superior with the HSC sets. For example, you can't tune each drum. You can tune the complete kit up or down, but who needs that? Most of the time you will want to pick pieces that sound good to you, and tune when needed. You can't do that with the HSC set. You can tune each drum with AD though...

Shawn Brock
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tommy" <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxx>