[ddots-l] ADK laptop soundcard problems

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 19:16:42 -0500

After talking with MAudio tech support it appears that the audiophile USB isn't going to work on the ADK laptop(resource conflicts with the USB ports and the devices that share them). In addition, the echo indigo IO card does fit into the cardbus slot without blocking off other computer ports, but it sounds like its underwater with crackling and popping and gargling(again, I suspect from resource conflicts).

I'm beginning to feel like this laptop from ADK was a collossal mistake, and my estimation of ADK as a DAW builder isn't very good right now. I'm surprised they'd allow this kind of resource conflict crap in one of their "premier" machines. .

Unless I can resolve this problem(not having any soundcard options) I'm going to be stuck with a $2000 paperweight. I hope Dancing Dots will be reasonable in resolving this problem or returning my money. This was advertised as a DAW designed for audio use and its not living up to the claim at all.

I would appreciate some feedback by the DancingDots tech people if possible.