[ddots-l] ADK laptop owners, soundcards please

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:54:04 -0500

To anyone who is using an ADK laptop purchased from ADK (either directly or via dancing dots), please chime in and give me the details of the soundcard you are using.

Please be specific as to connection (firewire, USB etc), Brand & model, and any quirky little problems you've encountered. I am having tremendous trouble with this system and am all but determined to return this machine.

Please help me to understand the problems I've encountered by giving me details of your successful implementations.

As I've been able to determine thus far, the graphics card (Envidia) is stacked on the same IRQ as the Cardbus controller and USB controller and something else I can't remember, and this configuration has made USB soundcard(audiophileUSB) completely unusable, and the cardbus virtually unusable. I don't know if this is a standard configuration, or if the tech guy was having a really bad day.

Okay, I'll spare you all the full depth of my disgust... Please chime in with details of your system configurations if you would

Thanks,

Phil Halton -- just a guy who's toying with the idea of tossing technology back into the hell pit it came from...