[dd251] Re: Reply to Brian - Thank you

  • From: Jeannette Baxter <j.baxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dd251@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:22:08 +0100

on 23/1/03 6:44 pm, brian blessed at resisprinklers@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>=20
> By George, you have been doing your homework Sir!
>=20
> Thank you William for responding to my comments and thank you Jeannette f=
or
> your comments and information.
>=20
> As I said in my preious email being independant I am in a position to pla=
> devils advocate. My hope is that this forum will become a lively site for
> debate. There must be quite a few members by now and it would be good if
> more people had a say.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Brian B Blessed
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>> From: "William" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <dd251@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: [dd251] Reply to Brian
>> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:41:04 -0000
>>=20
>> Members
>>=20
>> Thank you to Brian for his comments on my questions put forward.
>>=20
>> I am still looking for answers but will address some of Brian,s comments
>>=20
>> 1) A water mist system works at higher pressure than a normal sprinkler
>> system. Again what pressure is it 200 bar?
>>=20
>> 2) My point is that there are certain requirements to pipework and fitti=
ngs
>> to be listed within the standards. For example CPVC has a pressure ratin=
>> and would not comply with certain sytems.Are you saying that any pipe ca=
>> be used to link sprinklers? The standards are clear on this issue
>>=20
>> 3) Residential sprinkler heads are listed and within a standard example
>> NFPA 13D, The NFPA 13D standard can be applied throughout the world even=
 in
>> Barbados. As this is a international standard this can also be used with
>> possible relaxation to local building codes. I must ask the question aga=
in
>> is there any mist sprinkler head listed for RESIDENTIAL use.
>>=20
>> 4) It is a fact that mist systems can be prone to blockages as the apert=
ure
>> is very small. In lab conditions the system is perfect but when filled w=
ith
>> standing water for years this then becomes quite the reverse.
>>=20
>> 5) Leaking diaphram seals are on the pressure cylinders and not on
>> sprinkler heads.Are fire extinguishers checked?
>>=20
> [...]
Well said, Brian!

It's about time that this forum became the place to exchange ideas and
opinions, without fear of being ridiculed, and with no animosity to each
other.  There will always be competition and we will always think that our
product is the best, but because of this we will always strive for
improvement, which can only be good for everyone.  Standards do have to be
set and maintained, because at the end of the day we are in the business of
saving lives and property, but we don't have to stand still - by putting
forward ideas, no matter how stupid they may seem to some,  this will only
serve to broaden our minds and help us to be innovative - what happened to
the dinosaurs? - should we not learn a lesson here?

And will someone please come up with flexible pipe that is totally fireproo=
- and make it quick - I have orders waiting for them!