[dayton-oracle] DAY-O's May 12 meeting: BLOBs!

  • From: "Catherine Devlin" <catherine.devlin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dayton-oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:45:04 -0400

DAY-O's May meeting will be held Monday, May 12, at 5:30 PM at Mary-Ann's
Kitchen.  This month, we'll do a hands-on interactive laboratory on a topic
that strikes fear into all hearts... BLOBs!

http://dayo.pbwiki.com/

Mindless protozoans grown to monstrous size, engulfing and devouring all in
their wake?
Amorphous, sanity-ripping entities from beyond space and time?
Or just photos downloaded from icanhascheezburger.com?

Binary Large Objects and their cousins, Character Large Objects, are
becoming more and more important as we demand more from our databases and
expect them to fill more roles... but they're a far cry from the VARCHAR2's
and NUMBER(11,0)'s we're used to.  Come to share your knowledge, gain
knowledge, and try some things you've never had a chance to try before, all
in the helpful company of your peers.

See you on the 12th!
--
- Catherine