[dayton-oracle] Re: DAY-O's May 12 meeting: BLOBs!

  • From: "Monzon, Carlos O Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RYRA" <Carlos.Monzon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dayton-oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:55:26 -0400

Can you include my personal email in the list?  monzonco@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Carlos Orlando Monzon

________________________________

From: dayton-oracle-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dayton-oracle-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Catherine
Devlin
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:45 AM
To: dayton-oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dayton-oracle] DAY-O's May 12 meeting: BLOBs!

DAY-O's May meeting will be held Monday, May 12, at 5:30 PM at
Mary-Ann's Kitchen.  This month, we'll do a hands-on interactive
laboratory on a topic that strikes fear into all hearts... BLOBs!

http://dayo.pbwiki.com/

Mindless protozoans grown to monstrous size, engulfing and devouring all
in their wake?
Amorphous, sanity-ripping entities from beyond space and time?
Or just photos downloaded from icanhascheezburger.com?

Binary Large Objects and their cousins, Character Large Objects, are
becoming more and more important as we demand more from our databases
and expect them to fill more roles... but they're a far cry from the
VARCHAR2's and NUMBER(11,0)'s we're used to.  Come to share your
knowledge, gain knowledge, and try some things you've never had a chance
to try before, all in the helpful company of your peers.

See you on the 12th!
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/