[softwarelist] Re: Win OvPro

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:31:16 +0100

In article <5062292e7afrank@xxxxxxxx>,
   Frank Watkinson <frank@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> I agree, compiling does not seem like the sort of thing I would be
> capable of. On the other hand, it is not clear to me whether you have
> seen and tried the Live CD carrying Puppy Linux and RPCEmu which is
> designed to accept the (almost Free) RISC OS 4.02 disc image?

[Snip]

> Perhaps the display would be acceptable if the whole thing was run on
> a desktop or tower machine capable of outputting better than 1024 x
> 768 pixels  --     mmmmh.

> I don't know where you live Dave, but if it is within reach of
> Chelmsford in Essex, you may be interested in:

>             http://www.eaug.org.uk/mtg.htm

> The intention on the 9th June is to set up the same laptop, almost from
> scratch, within the evening.

> Apologies for being such a wind-bag.

> Frank.

Thanks for that write up Frank.
I already have the almost free RO 4.02 disk... I used that to set up
RPCEmu Spoon on the XP machine, which I then upgraded to 4.39 (Being a
Select subscriber).

If I try it out later (Bit busy ATM) it would be on a desktop machine, so
maybe the display would be a bit better.
If I do the deed I'll let you know about that aspect.

With regard to your 9th meeting... I live way down on the South coast in
Bournemouth... nuff said methinks.  ;-)

Cheers
Dave