[softwarelist] Re: Win OvPro

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:07:22 +0200

In message <d013736150.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <50616eba68dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In article <200905260949.45924.freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Mark Fraser <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On Tuesday 26 May 2009 07:47:49 Dave Symes wrote:

>> [Snip]

>>> You could always try Linux and run Ovation Pro under RPCEmu.

>> Mark, I'm running the latest Spoon version on the XP win machine, and
>> while I would like to run the Linux version of RPCEmu, I have no idea what
>> all this compiling stuff is about.
>> If there was a downloadable like Spoon, then I'd be there.

> I thought this was what you got with the "almost free RISC OS" CD from
> ROL - all you need to set up RPCemu on Linux, including instructions.

No, not at all. I do not think the word Linux is even mentioned on the
CD. First of all, what you get on the CD is exactly what it says on
the tin: A copy of RISC OS as a ROM image plus boot sequence. There
are instructions for RedSquirrel and RPCEmu (Windows) but there is no
emulator software on the CD nor are there any instructions for RPCEmu
for Linux. Even with such instructions present it would be far from a
completely packaged solution comparable to the Spoon release.

Martin