[softwarelist] Re: Unexpected behaviour/bug manually deleting page in OVPW 2.90 (29 March 06)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:01:52 +0100

In message <4e577312bemailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Newble <mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Good point. Since caret, text selection and object selection
(including frames) are mutually exclusive, and limited to one
page

Text selection is not limited to one page - however the caret is always at one end of the text selection.

I suppose one might wonder where a paste operation goes to.

Other actions which might usefully operate on the current page if
one is active, but currently don't -- e.g. the 'Print sheet'

Print current page would be popular.

As to my other point about the arrow keys returning the window
view to the caret (if there is one), I find there are many
occasions where (RISC OS) Ovation Pro windows becomes corrupted,
either when background font blending goes wrong, or (more often)
when parts of a previous text selection are left inverted after
the selection is cleared.

More on how not to do the job.

I therefore use F2, the
otherwise-redundant RISC OS 'Load document' key shortcut, for the
macro '{viewrepaint(0,0)}' which forces the window to refresh.
Something like this could be used also to move the viewport to
the current caret/selection.

A feature I found when doing the Windows version is Ctrl Shift X - "Return to caret".

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941