[softwarelist] Re: Unexpected behaviour/bug manually deleting page in OVPW 2.90 (29 March 06)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:15:21 +0100

In message <v1v5e2tfrt4623gqhoh2gu9v8b1sd2sn1g@xxxxxxx>, paul_witheridge@xxxxxxxxxxx writes

I next manually deleted the empty page 3. To my surprise, the two
local frames, at the bottom of page 2, also vanished.

I suspect I'm continuing my seminar on "how not to develop software" this afternoon...

There's a long standing catch with Ovation, what is the current page? It is not the page with a selected frame on, or the page with the text caret in. Or as most users would like the page they happen to be thinking about 8-)

Rather it is the page nearest the centre of the window, i.e. the page number shown in the info palette.

Anyway when you use the delete page feature it can be tricky to know which page you are deleting. This is especially the case in facing page view (like your document). The delete page window does show you which page is being deleted.

If I delete page 1.3 then things seem to work as I'd expect. If I delete page 1.2 then what you describe happens.

I don't know, just an idea?

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941