[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs - PC version

  • From: Michael Hunter <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:39:12 +0100

Alan Adams wrote:
It looks at though Q isn't mapped to a valid drive.

In My Computer, can you see a drive Q? If so, can you open it?

If not, you need to remap the drive. There are several ways, but the
one which I would use is Start->Run->\\<name of server>
This should open the server (network drive) and show you the shares
which you can map.

You now right-click on the share, select "Map Network Drive", make
sure "reconnect at login" is ticked, and select Q as the drive letter.

Another possibility is that the mapping has changed to something else.
Open a command window (Start->Run and type cmd in the box)
Type net share.
This will show you what mappings are in existence. If the mapping for
Q exists, but is wrong, you can now type net share q: /d to delete the
mapping.

Now you can remap the drive as above, or just by typing
net use Q: \\<name of server>\<name of share> /persistent:y
(The last bit makes sure the sdrive is mapped each time you log in.)

(Just a thought - you aren't logging out and letting syncdiscs run as
a scheduled task are you? - the drive mappings are removed when you
log out. To run like that, you need to specify a UNC path instead of
Q, e.g. \\server\share)

Thanks Alan,

Tried your suggestions - the drive is properly mapped etc and I'm not logging out to run the task.

I did try using the full UNC path in sync discs - the log says
------
SyncDiscs at 02:35PM 30 May 2008
Primary \\Edmini\fileserver\Music
Secondary F:\Music
copy:\\Edmini\fileserver\Music\??????? to F:\Music\???????
and the error message now gives the full UNC path instead of q:

Any other suggestions? As I said SyncDiscs ran successfully many times and suddenly stopped working.

Michael
--
Michael Hunter
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx