[softwarelist] Re: Style definitions - OPW 2.92 (12 Jan 2011)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:04:32 +0100

Hi,

In message <mpro.m2s7010078l7t02yg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
OPW 2.92 (12 Jan 2011)

I tried to define a style which I hoped only ever to apply to a single word
whcich would be formatted right-aligned on (the only) line in its frame.

I based the style on BodyTeext but changed its scope to "Word".  It kept
getting changed back to "Paragraph" by OPW.  Is that because OPW thinks
align-right only makes sense for a paragraph?

I think there is some logic which says "if a paragraph attribute is selected, then set the scope to paragraph", you can manually change it back after making the attribute selection, but some of these settings are only sensible for paragraphs and will only work at that level.

Off hand, right will work as long as it is the first thing in the line, but you can't apply it to a word in the middle of a line and expect something to happen.