[softwarelist] Re: Style definitions - OPW 2.92 (12 Jan 2011)

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:29:37 +0100

>Hi,
>
>In message <mpro.m2s7010078l7t02yg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy
>Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>OPW 2.92 (12 Jan 2011)
>>
> > I tried to define a style which I hoped only ever to apply to a single
> > word whcich would be formatted right-aligned on (the only) line in its
> > frame.
>>
> > I based the style on BodyTeext but changed its scope to "Word".  It kept
> > getting changed back to "Paragraph" by OPW.  Is that because OPW thinks
> > align-right only makes sense for a paragraph?
>
> I think there is some logic which says "if a paragraph attribute is
> selected, then set the scope to paragraph", you can manually change it
> back after making the attribute selection, but some of these settings are
> only sensible for paragraphs and will only work at that level.

Certainly I did set it back to word several times and while experimenting
with various settings saw it change back to paragraph seveal times.

> Off hand, right will work as long as it is the first thing in the line,
> but you can't apply it to a word in the middle of a line and expect
> something to happen.

No; the text I intended this to apply to would always have been just one or
two words, but the only text present on the only line in the frame.  I
suppose in a sense that is a paragraph, just a very short one.

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll - my opinions are my own