[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS 1.41 & RO 6

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 05:48:55 +0100

In article <n5Dl4cERsIYGFwlO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4eec487de8dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes
> >So what you are saying is...
> >If I create an obey file with, for example:
> >*SparkFSNoCo Zip

> No. Look at page 18 in the SparkFS manual:

> *SparkFSMethod <type> <method>
> Sets the compression method for a given archive type.

> Then we jump to Appendix 1 where it says that Zip is type 4.
> At a guess (!) no compression is method 0 and deflation is method 8.

> So something like

> *SparkFSMethod 4 0

> is the command you would issue.

Okay, you're the boss, I'll try that. Thanks.  :-)

Problem, problems... Nothing but problems these days.

I've done that, but the SparkFS Choices window still shows Type Zip and
Method Deflate, so how do I know the Obey file  I've just double clicked
is going to give me a Zip archive and no compression?

Dave S