[softwarelist] SparkFS 1.41 & RO 6

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:50:28 +0100

In article <Wgd5erBoAAYGFwiF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

[Snip]

> ISTR most of the configuration of the SparkFS modules is done by
> *commands so you might be able to set up some obey files to change
> settings. For example setting Zip files to no compression should be easy
> via an obey file.

So what you are saying is...
If I create an obey file with, for example:
*SparkFSNoCo Zip

When the obey is run it would configure the running SFS to that?
No Compression.
Well actually it doesn't which is why I'm now asking.

> Another aspect which interests me did you *have* to change the IfExists
> utility for RISC OS 6? When I left it, the new TUs where for the Stuart
> Tyrrell machine, and as soon as I produced them they added a switch to
> turn off the feature. Given the limited audience I've been relaxed about
> building them into new versions of things.

No I didn't have to, I changed one copy of SFS just to see, but it still
worked okay when I changed it back, but of course it then again gets
reported in the File Switch log.

Dave S