[softwarelist] Re: Spark Reads File SparkFS Can't Open

  • From: Mik Towse <mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:56:21 +0000

In article
<2135475674.1382591.1362397056708.JavaMail.open-xchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Steffen Huber  wrote:
> Mik Towse <mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx> write:
> > I save my business invoices in a ZIP file, but when I try to open the
> > file SparkFS (1.42) reports the error message 'Error reading data'.
[snip]
> > Looking at the files in Zap suggests that the file list at the end of the
> > ZIP are missing.
> >
> > Bizarrely, Spark (2.23) opened the file & allowed me to recover the
> > contents.
> Look at the commands (or was it a system variable?) that belong to the
> SparkFS ZIP module. One is called "UseCentralDirectory" or something like
> that. Turn it off, and SparkFS will behave like Spark(Plug).
Okay thanks, but is that a 'good idea'? Or doesn't it really matter that
much?

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

The gambling known as business looks with austere
disfavour upon the business known as gambling.
Ambrose Bierce