[softwarelist] Spark Reads File SparkFS Can't Open

  • From: Mik Towse <mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:52:57 +0000

I save my business invoices in a ZIP file, but when I try to open the file
SparkFS (1.42) reports the error message 'Error reading data'. This happened
last year, too, so I split that file into two after I recovered a backup from
the NAS. Unfortunately, this year's file backup is also unreadable.

Looking at the files in Zap suggests that the file list at the end of the
ZIP are missing.

Bizarrely, Spark (2.23) opened the file & allowed me to recover the contents.
So I'd be interested to know if I should be doing anything to prevent this
file corruption in the future.

Using VRPC if this has any bearing on the situaiton.

Cheers
--
Mik Towse * mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

When I sell liquor, it's called bootlegging; when my patrons
serve it on Lake Shore Drive, it's called hospitality. Al Capone