[softwarelist] Re: Rotating referenced pictures in OPro

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:52:34 +0100

In message <541130554e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> writes

I use this particularly for pics from my digital camera.  But some of
the pics are in portrait mode, that is they are on their side.  They
need turning through 90deg to be right.  I have failed to find a way of
doing this for pictures that are only by reference.

OP lets you apply an angle to any picture in a frame (referenced or not). So why can't you just set it to 90 degrees.

The only thing is that if you apply any transformation to a JPEG it will get expanded before printing - which may or may not matter.

(In fact what I've done is to turn the picture through 90deg in
I****M**t*r and make a copy and reference to that.  But the pictures start
as JPEGs and I am not sure how to save them without losing definition or
having to use a non-lossy format.  So extra disc space is used up with
the copy.)

The solution is a program that can rotate (through 90 degrees) JPEGs without unpacking them - such free utilities do exist. Others may know better, but for RISC OS, the name JCut springs to mind.

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941