[softwarelist] Re: Rotating referenced pictures in OPro

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:49:24 +0100

In message of 12 Aug, Jeremy Brayshaw <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <50da35554e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message of 12 Aug, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> The solution is a program that can rotate (through 90 degrees) JPEGs
> >> without unpacking them - such free utilities do exist. Others may know
> >> better, but for RISC OS, the name JCut springs to mind.
>
> I always use Variations by Rob Davison. Just click on one button to
> rotate a JPEG through 90 deg, and another to rotate it's embedded
> thumbnail image. Many other things possible as well, of course, with
> this excellent prog!

The objection to using Variations and JCut (which is not 32 bit
unfortunately) is that if you want to retain the original camera file,
you end up with a second file on your disc for every one that you
rotate.  The beauty of OPro is that you can, I have now found, rotate
the file without making any copies or any alteration to your original
file; I have yet to find any other program that can do that.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/