[softwarelist] Re: Rotating referenced pictures in OPro

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:20:17 +0100

In message of 12 Aug, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <541130554e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Powys-Lybbe
> <tim@xxxxxxxxx> writes
> >I use this particularly for pics from my digital camera.  But some of
> >the pics are in portrait mode, that is they are on their side.  They
> >need turning through 90deg to be right.  I have failed to find a way of
> >doing this for pictures that are only by reference.
>

> OP lets you apply an angle to any picture in a frame (referenced or
> not). So why can't you just set it to 90 degrees.

I've now cracked it.  The problem as that the picture vanished on being
rotated and I could not find where it had got to.  Then I click on
"Centre lock" and tried again and all is exactly as you say.

> >(In fact what I've done is to turn the picture through 90deg in
> >I****M**t*r and make a copy and reference to that.  But the pictures start
> >as JPEGs and I am not sure how to save them without losing definition or
> >having to use a non-lossy format.  So extra disc space is used up with
> >the copy.)
> >

> The solution is a program that can rotate (through 90 degrees) JPEGs
> without unpacking them - such free utilities do exist. Others may know
> better, but for RISC OS, the name JCut springs to mind.

Thanks, will be very useful.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/