[softwarelist] Re: Referenced and Proxy pictures

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:38:45 +0100

Hi,

In message <95928bdd51.Dentrassis@mail>, Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I have a 33Mb document that consists of a large number of hi-res
images, all referenced, but all set with a low-res/quality proxy
image. When loading the document it takes just under 5 minutes to open
the document window after d/clicking on the file. During this time
there is repeated flashes of the HD LED in bursts, as if each
referenced image is being loaded and a new proxy image being created.

I would not think the proxies should be recreated, it would obviously take a lot of time and be undesirable. The thing which does spring to mind is that OP may think the images have changed - different timestamps maybe and that is making it refresh the proxies.

David, the document in question is the knitting book "A Stitch In
Time" which I sent you a copy of back in 2009.

It is a great book. I am happy to hear it was done with OP. I may have forgotten but I don't think I took that in at the time (doh).

I've now started working on volume 2 which is around 400 pages and
with the long load times between sessions, or after a crash and reboot
does feel like a lot of time out of the day is being wasted.

So it's still doing this on new/resaved copies of the file. I thought it might just be an old document meeting up with a new file system.

I will investigate...

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK