[softwarelist] Problems with SaveAs dialog - OPW 2.92 (12 Jan 2011)

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:11:36 +0100

OPW 2.92 (12 Jan 2011)

It the last few days I've several times noticed a problem with the SaveAs
dialog.  It's my habit regularly to save the current document twice, once as
.dpd and once as .ddl.  (It would be marvellous if someone could find a way
to have the pair saved each time!)

What I see sometimes when I get the SaveAs dialog box is that the filename
that's preloaded into it has one extension, which does not match the
filetype info displayed under it.  I think I've always spotted that and
corrected the value in the type field so it matches the filename's
extension.  But it looks to me like an accident waiting to happen, if one
really could accidentally save DDL in a file called something.dpd or vie
versa.

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll - my opinions are my own